How to Make Your Branding Better Than the Rest

How to Make Your Branding Better Than the Rest
Make Your Brand Pop by Jasmine Diane.jpg

Spring cleaning is a great way to get rid of unwanted items, evaluate what you already own, and to plan future purchases. The same goes for your brand. Semi-annual brand wellness check-ins are key to finding ways to keep your brand current. Below are three essential activities to do while making your brand pop!

Step 1: Pause

Now that you have reached a moment to reflect, start by pausing all activity for as long as you can spare. The key to a brand refresh is clarity. It is nearly impossible to think, act and focus all at the same time.

Ways to Pause:

  • Turn off all business email notifications

  • Log out of business social media accounts

  • Read a book

  • Get a massage

  • Go on a date

  • Get a mani/pedi

  • Go to church

I took a few months off from consistent content creation when I got married to better understand my new schedule and evaluate if I wanted to continue being an influencer.

I decided that I was going to come back, but on my terms which meant getting back to the basics of taking outfit pictures and incorporating more of my faith. When you know who you are, you know who you aren’t. Authenticity is essential to a healthy brand.

For you, pausing could mean a few nights at a local hotel to brainstorm, shop the competition, or attend an out of town conference. Do it now!

Step 2: Evaluate

Evaluate what your brand is currently doing well and what you’d like for it to do. This is when you pull out analytics, conversions, sales, etc.

Questions To Ask Yourself:

  1. What is my brand doing amazing at?

  2. What are 3 pain points of my customers?

  3. What gray areas are my brand missing with marketing?

  4. What gray areas are my brand missing with communication?

  5. What is driving my pageviews, sales, conversions, etc.?

While evaluating my brand, I looked at my pageviews, social media content engagement and quantity of customers. Although I took a few months off from consistent content creation, God blessed me to have consistent branding/marketing clients. This let me know that my identity as a branding/social media expert wasn’t based upon my social media presence.

The majority of my clients come from word of mouth or my email list. You can sign up here. You will get monthly emails filled with encouragement, freebies, post updates and more.

Step 3: Strategize

Now that you’ve thought about what you’d like to do, it’s time to put a plan together. Impactful strategy will only come after pausing to find inspiration and evaluating to gain clarity. The biggest piece of advice that I can give you when it comes to strategy is to set one goal then attack.

It’s easy to want to do everything at once, but it’s not logical. You cannot focus on growing your social media presence, opening up a physical location and hosting an event all in the same week. You’re better off focusing 70% of your energy on the one thing that will bring in the most money then leaving the other 30% for secondary goals that ladder up to the primary goal.

Common Goals for Entrepreneurs:

  1. Grow Instagram following

  2. Book more clients

  3. Attend more networking events

  4. Find strong professional mentors

  5. Build email list

Pick 1 goal then outline the steps that you need to take to achieve them. If you need help, book your 45-minute branding session today!

I hope that this post inspired you to refresh your brand. It’s never too late! Drop any questions for me in the comment section. I'd love to chat more.

Ps. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @thejasminediane.