I am super excited that I am almost the big 2-3. Yes, my Jordan year is upon us. 22 was crazy busy and full of shifting, which I believe prepared me for 23. I graduated from college, traveled, became and ex-girlfriend for the last time, moved back to Kansas City, etc. I mean a lot has happen, both good and bad. Below you will find my updates on my 23 Before 23 posts. See the original post here.
2. GET OUT OF THE MIDWEST: Relocate to Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX This was my plan, not God's plan so here I am in Kansas City and I absolutely love it!
3. GRADUATE: Graduate from the University of Missouri I was so humbled and excited when I walked across that stage on May 15. Read more about my post grad life here.
4. GET FIT: Maintain desired weight of 150 pounds I haven't tackled this one! I have kept off about 5 pounds consistently, but that's about it. I'm still in the 160s.
. TRAVEL: Visit Atlanta, GA I have been twice since November! Wanna know how my spring break trip in the ATL was? See it here.
6. TRAVEL:Visit Chicago, IL I haven't made it to the windy city yet, but who is to say that I won't make the trip before my birthday or for my birthday? My heart is still set on Chicago in the future, but I haven't made any plans as of yet. Any suggestions for things to do in Chicago?
7. EXPLORE ART: Visit 3 different museums:
- MLK Museum Atlanta, GA
- Various exhibits during First Fridays
- The Nelson Atkins Museum Kansas City, MO
- Dallas Museum of Art Dallas, TX
8. EXPLORE ART: Go to a music concert I am going to Dancefestopia next weekend! It's something new and different. I was heart broken when I missed the Jazmin Sullivan concert in Kansas City. I won free tickets and literally planned for the wrong day.
9. STRENGTHEN RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS: Get baptized I haven't felt inclined to get baptized at my new church yet.
10. BLOG GOALS: Monetize JasmineDiane.com That's a work in progress!
11. EXPLORE: Go camping Not quite.
12. BEAUTY: Get highlights or change hair color
13. CHALLENGE MYSELF: Draft my first ebook
14. EXPLORE: Lay outside in the darkest of night to count the stars then stay awake to watch the sunrise
15. EXPLORE ART: See Strivers Row Live The Passion for Christ Movement is coming to Kansas City, so I am going to see them instead. I love both groups of spoken word artists so this is a win, win!
16. FIRST TIME: See the beach Not yet!
17. FIRST TIME: Take up yoga Not yet!
18. READY TO DO IT AGAIN: Go canoeing Not yet!
19. GET FIT: Run one mile in 10 minutes flat Mission accomplished this spring. Now I just need to get back to it consistently.
20. BEAUTY: Grow out hair I am growing out my natural hair. I had no intentions on going natural when I wrote this initial post, but look at me now. I am in love with my curls and look forward to my puff days. I miss ponytails.
21. BLOG GOALS: Reach 100,000 page views for JasmineDiane.com Not yet!
22. CONQUERING FEAR: Land full-time job I had a FT internship and recently quit to pursue my passions. Life was way too serious working a 9 to 5.
23. EXPLORE: Try 1 new cuisine I tried some new food from Israel at the KC Ethnic Festival. I don't know what it was called, but it taste okay. Outside of soul food, I'm a picky eater. I love Mexican, Chinese, and soul food. Hot watered corn bread, yams, greens, and fried chicken are my favorites! What do you like to eat?
That's all folks. I am almost 23 years old and I have accomplished nearly everything that I set out to do this year. I really didn't think that I would get this close to accomplishing this list. I just knew that I wanted to expand my knowledge and life experiences outside of the norm. I challenge you to do the same and write out a list of things that you want to do before your next birthday! You may amaze yourself!